"Get Up!"

I hope you're enjoying this spring weather as much as I am. It's my favorite time of year. A time of refreshing, of new beginnings. You can see all around as the fresh flowers bloom.

Today I'd love to share one of my favorite stories with you. It's the story of Gideon in the book of Judges. Gideon’s struggle with a low self image and fear caused him to procrastinate for far too long. God called him to lead the Israelite army against the Medianites. Gideon thought “Oh no, Not the Medianite Army!! They are too powerful; too much for me to handle”. So he came up with some really good excuses such as “my family is too poor” and “I am the least in my family” and on and on. Sounded like a pity party to me.

But finally, after he ran out of excuses, God told him, “Get UP” , Go down into the Median camp, for I have given you the victory”. (NLT, Judges 7: 9) It took everything he had, but he finally stepped out, trusted God and won the battle. He didn't just win, he won by a land slide, despite his many setbacks as you will read in this amazing story.

So what is your ‘Medianite’ today? What is that dream or task that you have been putting off for so long? The one that has been intimidating you. Yes that one. Here’s a Word from God to you today. “Get UP!” and get going. Face your fears.
God said, “I will be with you” (vs 16).

I can relate as I write to you from my personal experience. I have been tempted to postpone the launch of my ministry, using the clutch that I’m trying to prepare and plan everything perfectly. I've also been tempted to use the same excuse as an entrepreneur and doctoral learner. But today I have given myself notice. “Get UP! Janis and get going”.

So go ahead and write a note to yourself. Write it big. “Note to self: ‘Get UP!’ << First Name >> and get going.”

Of course it will take some effort, but I'm here to help. If you need help getting from fear to victory, I’d love to partner with you in seeing your dreams become a reality. Visit my website. We have lots of FREE resources to help you go from longing to being.
Together we’re destined to “Make it B.I.G” (Be Inspired to Greatness).

Live Inspired!


Janis Modeste, M.Ed.


P.S. Stop being busy and be inspired. Register FREE today for a book chat in your area. Fall sessions are now forming.

P.P.S. Need additional help on being confident? Look out for my new book this fall called, No Limits Here: Take the Limits off yourself and Soar with God-Confidence and other resources.

Inspire! Us Book Chat along with the various book chat hosts will be start their brand new monthly email newsletter, and we'd love to keep you posted about interesting and important updates and chat sessions.


Find out more about our signature Balance Approach System for coaching.

Comments

Popular Posts