No Sugar? Then Spice It Up!

When I went grocery shopping to begin my Daniel fast, I realized that I would have to be creative. All the foods I was used to eating had an ingredient or two that I had committed to abstain from. I was really concerned about breakfast since I usually eat

various types of cold and hot cereal such as Life Cereal or Oatmeal which was loaded with sugar. So standing there, I decided, “if I can’t have sugar, I want spice”. So I went to the spice isle in the organic section of the grocery store and began my spice hunt. I found some amazing spices that I would love to share with you to put on your breakfast cereal, or any meal for that matter.

I found whole nutmegs in a bottle, ground cinnamon, and my favorite was grounded “Pumpkin Pie Spice” which is filled with a combination of yummy spices. I added some to my bland oatmeal with some organic raisins and that kicked it up a notch. I didn’t even miss the sugar- well at least not as much as I would've without the spices.

I also found tons of great spices for kicking my dinner meals up a notch. My favorite is the All Spice by Simply Organic. It contains no salt but is loaded with extremely tasteful ingredients. I am using salt during this fast so I got the Morton’s Kosher coarse salt. Needless to say, my meals have been tasty so I’m happy so far with my fast.

Share your recipes and tips with us below. We’d love to hear from you.

Comments

Popular Posts