A Good Struggle???



Last night, as I sat in bed doing my nightly Bible reading, I stopped to ponder about my day. It was a pretty tough day so I thought, “why are these people I'm reading about only going through one main life's struggle but I feel as if I'm going from one struggle to another?” In my desperation I wish I could say, "Lord, send me the magic pill!" I would have loved to find that pill. But as I sought God for answers, it came in an unsuspecting manner. Even though I’ve read the story of Gideon numerous times, this was the first time I noticed that Gideon had similar emotions. So we're in good company ladies. Gideon was also perplexed and had similar reactions when God choose him for an assignment. His response was “God if you're with me, why is all this misfortune happening to me?"(Verse 13) I couldn't wait to read the rest of the scripture to hear God’s reply. But I found that God's response to Gideon's question was… Nothing, nada, zilch. God did not even answer Gideon. He just reiterated Gideon's assignment. He told Gideon, "Go with the strength you have,...I am sending you” (NLT).


Like so many of us, Gideon said, "But God...__________" You fill in the excuses (or weaknesses) you've been giving God lately. God's response to Gideon is the same for you today? "I will be with you". In other words, God just wants us to stay focused on Him and on the assignment He has called us to do.

But what about the struggles Lord?


Sometimes we are going through life's struggle and we look to others for pity or a word of encouragement. We want to be able to receive acknowledgement that our life is tough. Many times we are just looking for that magic pill that will take it all away and we ride out into the sunset with prince charming. So my question became, "Lord, so what about the struggles"?


He led me to Malachi chapter 3 where He spoke a life changing word into my spirit. He said of His priests- the people He choose to gave a specic assignment to carry out His work in the earth- “I am "purifying" you by "refining" you as gold and silver. Offering sacrifices was the Levites’ daily assignment. But they were unable to accomplish them because some “refining” was needed. God lovingly brought them through the process so they can be prepared to fulfill their life’s mission.

What assignment has God given you to fulfill? Like the Levites, God desires for you to accomplish your dreams (aka assignments)- but some refining is needed. Ouch! Though painful, the end result can be stunningly beautiful.

If you are going through a struggle today, know that God has an amazing assignment for you. Instead of looking for that magic pill, we can be honored that God has chosen us to show off His Glory. He wants us to fulfill all the dreams He's placed in our hearts. He wants to lift you up "high and eminent on the mountain" (Ez. 17:22). He wants us to shine!


So no more search for the magic pill. Instead, let us hunker down with our goals and dreams to fulfill our mission here on earth. But don't go it alone. Join one of our upcoming book chats designed to propel you into your divine destiny. It's hard work but together we can make it happen.


Live Inspired!


Janis Modeste
Inspirational Coach
Book Chat Host


Office: 352.593.0688

Comments

  1. One of my assignments is to be a prayer warrior who aligns my word with what God wants in the earth. I am learning not to pray for what I perceive to be the problem for a solution, but to pray for God's solution to the problem. It's more effective that way. Thanks for the reminder and the inspiration. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That shows tremendous spiritual growth on your part. Keep praying!!!
    ~ Janis

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts